Professor and Section Head (Continuing Education) of Office of Academic Affairs
Research areas: Machine vision; Intelligent control systems; Evolutionary computation; Robotics
Laboratory: Mechatronics & Control Lab
Tel: +886-3-2118800 ext. 5341 (Office), 5879 (Lab)
- D.Phil., Engineering Science, University of Oxford, U.K. (1992)
- M.Sc., Mechanical Engineering, National Taiwan University, Taiwan (1986)
- B.Sc., Mechanical Engineering, National Cheng Kung University, Taiwan (1982)
- Chengtao Zhu and Yau-Zen Chang*, “Stereo Matching for Infrared Images Using Guided Filtering Weighted by Exponential Moving Average,” IET Image Processing, 2020, Volume 14, Issue 5, pp. 830-837. Volume 14, Issue 5, 17 April 2020, DOI: 10.1049/iet-ipr.2019.0144
- Chengtao Zhu and Yau-Zen Chang*, “Hierarchical Guided-Image-Filtering for Efficient Stereo Matching,” Applied Sciences, 2019; 9(15):3122, 14 pages. https://www.mdpi.com/2076-3417/9/15/3122. https://doi.org/10.3390/app9153122.
- Chengtao Zhu and Yau-Zen Chang*, “Efficient Stereo Matching Based on Pervasive Guided Image Filtering,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2019, Article ID 3128172, 11 pages. https://doi.org/10.1155/2019/3128172. (1).
- Zhi-Ren Tsai and Yau-Zen Chang*, “Enhancing Design of a Visual-Servo Delayed System,” Journal of Electronic Science and Technology, vol. 16, no. 3, pp. 232-240, 2018. http://dx.doi.org/10.11989/JEST.1674-862X.7092810.
- Zhi-Ren Tsai and Yau-Zen Chang*, “Model-based Adaptive Predictive Control with Visual Servo of a Rotary Crane System,” Journal of Electronic Science and Technology, vol. 16, no. 2, pp. 169-174, 2018.
- Chengtao Zhu, Yau-Zen Chang, Qiang Li*, “Accurate stereo matching based on weighted nonlocal aggregation for enhanced disparity refinement,” Journal of Electronic Imaging, vol. 27, no. 2, 023031, 9 pages, doi:10.1117/1.JEI.27.2.023031, Mar 2018.
- Zhi-Ren Tsai and Yau-Zen Chang*, “Two-stage digital redesign of a cooling system with time delay by dither,” Journal of Engineering Technology, vol. 6, no. 2, July, 2017, PP.764-775.
- Zhi-Ren Tsai*, Yau-Zen Chang, Han-Wei Zhang, Chin-Teng Lin, “Relax the Chaos-Model-based Human Behavior by Electrical Stimulation Therapy Design,” Computers in Human Behavior, vol. 67, Feb. 2017, pp.151-160. (1)
- Jing-Sin Liu*, Wen-Hua Pan, Wen-Yang Ku, Y.-H. Tsao and Yau-Zen Chang, “Simulation-based fast collision detection for scaled polyhedral objects in motion by exploiting analytical contact equations,” Robotica, vol. 34, issue 1, Jan. 2016, pp. 118-134.
- Zhi-Ren Tsai and Yau-Zen Chang*, “Adaptive MIMO Supervisory Control Design Using Modeling Error,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2015, Article ID 645168, 8 pages, 2015, http://dx.doi.org/10.1155/2015/645168
- Yang-Sung Lin, Yau-Zen Chang, Jian-Hong Yu, Chun-Li Lin*, “Do dual-thread orthodontic mini-implants improve bone/tissue mechanical retention?,” Implant Dentistry, 23(6), pp.653-658, October 2014.
- Chien-Hung Yu, Yang-Sung Lin, Wen-Jen Chang, Yau-Zen Chang, Chun-Li Lin,* “Mechanical Effects of Micro-thread Orthodontic Mini-screw Design on Artificial Cortical Bone,” Journal of Medical and Biological Engineering, 2014, 34(1):49-55.
- Jung-Fu Hou, Yau-Zen Chang*, Ming-Hsi Hsu, Shih-Tseng Lee, Chieh-Tsai Wu, “Construction of Fuzzy Map for Autonomous Mobile Robots Based on Fuzzy Confidence Model,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, Volume 2014, Article ID 526781, 8 pages, Aug. 2014.
- Cheng-Tao Zhu, Yau-Zen Chang*, Huai-Ming Wang, Kai He, Shih-Tseng Lee and Chung-Fu Lee, “Efficient Stereo Matching with Decoupled Dissimilarity Measure Using Successive Weighted Summation,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, Volume 2014, Article ID 127284, 9 pages, January 2014.
- Yau-Zen Chang*, Jung-Fu Hou, and Zhi-Ren Tsai, “Adaptive Neuron-Like Control of Time-Delay Systems Enhanced with Feedforward and Supervisory Strategies,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, Vol. 2013, Article ID 705805, 5 pages, Aug. 2013.
- Kao-Ting Hung, Zhi-Ren Tsai, and Yau-Zen Chang*, “Switched Two-Level and Robust Fuzzy Learning Control of an Overhead Crane,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, Vol. 2013, Article ID 712615, 12 pages, April 2013.
- Yang-Sung Lin, Jian-Hong Yu, Yau-Zen Chang, and Chun-Li Lin*, “Biomechanical Evaluation of an Orthodontic Mini-implant Used With Revolving (Translation and Rotation) Temporary Anchorage Device by Finite Element Analysis and Experimental Testing,” Implant Dentistry, Vol. 22, No. 1, pp.77-82, Feb. 2013.
- Yau-Zen Chang*, Zhi-Ren Tsai, Jiing-Dong Hwang, and Jye Lee, “Optimal Fuzzy Tracking Control of Uncertain Nonlinear Systems Based on Genetic Algorithms and Fuzzy Lyapunov Function,” Journal of Intelligent & Fuzzy Systems, Vol. 24, No. 1, pp. 121-132, Jan. 2013.
- Yau-Zen Chang*, Kao-Ting Hung, Hsin-Yi Shih and Zhi-Ren Tsai, “Surrogate Neural Network and Multi-objective DIRECT Algorithm for the Optimization of a Swiss-Roll Type Recuperator,” International Journal of Innovative Computing Information and Control, Vol. 8, No. 12, Dec. 2012, pp. 8199-8214.
- Yau-Zen Chang, Mou-Chuan Liu, Che-An Pai, Chun-Li Lin*, and Kuang-I Yen, “Application of Non-destructive Impedance-based Monitoring Technique for Cyclic Fatigue Evaluation of Endodontic Nickel-Titanium Rotary Instruments,” Medical Engineering & Physics, Vol. 33, Issue 5, pp. 604-609, June 2011.
- Yau-Zen Chang* and Zhi-Ren Tsai, “Efficient 3D Registration Using Two-Stage Scheme and Spatial Filter,” International Journal of Innovative Computing Information and Control, Vol. 6, No. 2, pp. 641-653, Feb. 2010.
- Yau-Zen Chang*, Jung-Fu Hou, and Shih-Tseng Lee, “Integration of a Stereo Vision System and a Laser Range Finder for 3D Construction,” Artificial Life and Robotics, Vol. 14, No. 2, pp. 228-232, Nov. 2009.
- 張耀仁*, 侯榮富, 周祐行, 張煜平,“整合雷射測距儀與視訊於行走型機器人路程規劃之研究,” 中華民國資訊學會通訊 Communications of IICM, Taiwan, Vol. 11, No.4, pp.125-140, Dec., 2008.
- Yau-Zen Chang*, Zhi-Ren Tsai, and Shih-Tseng Lee, "3D Registration of Human Face Using Evolutionary Computation and Kriging Interpolation," Artificial Life and Robotics, Vol. 13, No. 1, pp.242–245, Dec. 2008.
- Yau-Zen Chang, Zhi-Ren Tsai, Jiing-Dong Hwang*, and Jye Lee, “Robust Fuzzy Control and Evolutionary Fuzzy Identification of Singularly Perturbed Nonlinear Systems with Parameter Uncertainty,” Electrical Engineering, Vol. 90, No. 5, pp.379-393, May 2008.
- Yau-Zen Chang*, Kao-Ting Hung, and Shih-Tseng Lee, “Human Face Detection with Neural Networks and the DIRECT Algorithm,” Artificial Life and Robotics, Vol. 12, No. 1-2, pp. 112-115, Mar. 2008.
- Zhi-Ren Tsai*, Yau-Zen Chang, Jiing-Dong Hwang, and Jye Lee, “Robust Fuzzy Stabilization of Dithered Chaotic Systems Using Island Random Optimal Algorithm,” Information Sciences, Vol. 178 (4), pp. 1171–1188, Feb. 2008.
- Zhi-Ren Tsai*, Jiing-Dong Hwang, and Yau-Zen Chang, “Fuzzy Tracker with Self-Tuning PID and Identifier Design Using Conditional-LMI and Improved Random Optimal Algorithm,” IEICE Transactions on Fundamentals of Electronics, Communications and Computer Sciences, Vol. E90-A, No. 10, pp.2281-2289, Oct., 2007.
- Zhi-Ren Tsai*, Jiing-Dong Hwang, Yau-Zen Chang, and Jye Lee, “Supervised Adaptive PID Control and Time-Varying Fuzzy Identifier of Nonlinear Dither Systems,” Electronics Letters, Vol. 43, Issue 21, pp. 1129-1130, Oct. 2007.
- Yau-Zen Chang* and Zhi-Ren Tsai, “Supervised Adaptive Control of Unknown Nonlinear Systems Using Fuzzily Blended Time-Varying Canonical Model,” Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence, Vol. 4570, Hiroshi G. Okuno and Moonis Ali Eds., Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg, pp. 464-472, June, 2007.
- Yau-Zen Chang* and Zhi-Ren Tsai, “A Fuzzy Lyapunov Function Approach for Robust Fuzzy Control Design of Nonlinear Systems with Model Uncertainties,” Tamkang Journal of Science and Engineering, Vol. 10, No. 3, pp. 201-210, Sep., 2007. 22. Ching An Huang*, Chwen Lin Shih, Kung Cheng Li, and Yau-Zen Chang, “The surface alloying behavior of martensitic stainless steel cut with wire electrical discharge machine,” Applied Surface Science, Vol. 252, No. 8, pp. 2915–2926, Feb. 2006.
- Yau-Zen Chang*, Ting-Ting Wen, Shih-Jung Liu, “Derivation of Optimal Processing Parameters of Polypropylene Foam Thermoforming by an Artificial Neural Network,” Polymer Engineering and Science, Vol.45, No.3, pp.375-384, March 2005.
- Tzu-Chen Liang, Jing-Sin Liu*, Gau-Tin Hung, Yau-Zen Chang, “Practical and flexible path planning for car-like mobile robot using maximal-curvature cubic spiral,” Robotics and Autonomous Systems, Vol.52, No.4, pp. 312-335, Sep. 2005.
- Ching-An Huang*, Yau-Zen Chang, and S.C. Chen, “The electrochemical behavior of austenitic stainless steel with different degrees of sensitization in the transpassive potential region in 1 M H2SO4 containing chloride,” Corrosion Science, Vol.46, No.6, pp. 1501-1513, June, 2004.
- Nenzi Wang*, Yau-Zen Chang, “Application of the Genetic Algorithm to the Multi-objective Optimization of Air Bearings,” Tribology Letters, Vol.17, No.2, pp. 119-128, August 2004.
- Nenzi Wang*, Yau-Zen Chang, and Chih-Ming Tsai, “The Application of Nearly Embarrassingly Parallel Computation in the Optimization of Fluid-Film Lubrication,” Tribology Transactions, Vol. 47, No.1, pp. 34-42, January 2004.
- Nenzi Wang* and Yau-Zen Chang, “A Hybrid Search Algorithm for Porous Air Bearings Optimization,” Tribology Transactions, Vol. 45, No. 4, pp. 471-477, Oct., 2002.